- Graduate degree from an accredited PA program required
- At least 24 months experience as a Physician Assistant with at least 12 months in a primary care area required (experience must have taken place within the last 36 months period)
- Combined education/experience may substitute for minimum experience.
- Speak Spanish fluently (preferred, not required)
- Strong critical and strategic thinking, analytical and planning skills.
- Organization/time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have an active, unrestricted Physician Assistant license from Nevada.
- Valid Nevada State Board of Pharmacy License.
- Must have an active Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) license from Nevada
- Possess a current National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association.
Under general supervision and in accordance with standardized procedures, incumbent performs physical examinations and treats common episodic and chronic health care problems in the clinic, counsels patients and families, monitors patient progress, assists with medical research projects. The Physician Assistant takes a leading role in activities such as managing the clinical aspects of clinic, patient care, performance improvement, job performance/competency evaluations, staffing, scheduling and working with the directors, employees, and preceptors in the orientation and training of new employees. Executes leadership in the following areas: Direct/Indirect Patient Care, Support of Systems, Research, Education, and Professional Leadership. Works in collaboration with other health care team members, consulting and referring as appropriate, but retains responsibility for ongoing clinical management of the patient. Must work with any and every physician in the Clinic.